Pastor Scott Campbell serves as the Lead Pastor.
- What do you do at Birdsboro Church of the Nazarene? As lead pastor I play a role in the spiritual growth of individuals and the church, whether this be through preaching, one-on-one discipleship, small group discipleship, or leadership in committees. In order to lead these groups and people I seek God for direction, guidance, and vision as to where He would have us move and what He would have us do.
- What is your favorite food? The correct “Sunday school” answer is Chick-Fil-A. But I consider myself a “foodie”, so I will and have tried many things, even octopus. I love milk and chocolate ice cream in the evenings but I also enjoy Ethiopian, Italian, German, etc…I just love to eat!
- What was your first job? Roofing with my step-dad. I did it over the summers in high school to stay in shape for soccer season.
- What was your childhood dream? To be a policeman, then to be a Biology teacher. I had the opportunity to teach Biology when I taught at a Christian School, so one childhood dream achieved…
- For fun I enjoy: Glamping with my family, antiquing with Melanie, watching sci-fi television with Madi, coaching Landon’s soccer team, running (but that’s just so I can eat more), spending time with my friends, playing games.
- Favorite Bible verse or passage?
So many verses will impact me from season to season, but one I keep coming back to is John 14:12; “What I’m about to tell you is true. Anyone who believes in me will do the works I have been doing. In fact, they will do even greater things. That’s because I am going to the Father.” I don’t pretend to have unpacked all that this means for my life, but I am encouraged by the things that I have been called and enabled to do, and it drives me to measure my daily activities in light of the greatness God expects from me.
- What is one of your favorite characteristics of Christ? How He forgives. I can hold on to so much resentment when it comes to insignificant things, yet He has set the challenge and example of forgiveness when, on the cross mind you, He says, “Father, forgive them…”. I know that I have been forgiven of a lot of things, by Him and others. It is, in my opinion, one of the greatest characteristics of anyone, to be able to forgive.
Pastor Trevor Oates
Pastor Trevor Oates joined the staff here at Birdsboro as associate pastor of Family Life in May 2016. He is a 2011 graduate of Eastern Nazarene College with a bachelor’s degree in Religion and a minor in Communication Arts. Before his time here at Birdsboro, Trevor was the youth/associate pastor at the West Chester Church of the Nazarene in West Chester, Pennsylvania for over 2+ years.
Emily and Trevor have been married now for 7 years and have a Chocolate Labrador/pit bull mix named Addi, who is the happiest dog you will ever meet. They added to their family shortly after arriving here in Birdsboro with the birth of their first child, Paxton James on June 15, 2016, and are very much in love with him. On February 24, 2020 the Oates family added to their number with the birth of their second son, Carson Mark, and big brother and mom and dad are all in love. Trevor and Emily are excited for what the future holds for the families of children and teens here at Birdsboro and look forward to growing together as a community of believers.
- What do you do at Birdsboro Church of the Nazarene? Associate Pastor of Family Life, and whatever else that I can help with to assist Pastor Scott in being an effective ministry team.
- What is your favorite food? Pepperoni Pizza, and I must try it at whatever pizza place I go!
- What is your favorite TV show? SportsCenter, The IT Crowd, The Office
- What was your first job? Newspaper delivery boy for the Morning Call at age 11.
- What was your childhood ambition? I wanted to be a professional baseball player…yeah once I stopped growing I knew that was not happening.
- For fun I enjoy: Fishing, playing Vintage Baseball, spending time with Emily and my sons and dog.
- Favorite Bible verse or passage? Matthew 25:31-46 and trying to live out that challenge of taking care of the least of these.
- What is one of your favorite characteristics of Christ? Him as a sustainer through all seasons of life, even when we don’t always see it. (Genesis 22:14)
Karen Andrews joined the staff at BNC as Office Manager in September 2018. She grew up in western Massachusetts, and has an undying love for the Red Sox and Patriots! She is a 2003 graduate of Eastern Nazarene College with a bachelor’s degree in Social Work. Before starting work at BNC, Karen held various different jobs including being a Case Manager, Early Learning Teacher, and Virtual Project Manager.
Karen has been married to Nate for 17 years, and together they have three kids: Micah (12), Sienna (10), and Caleb (8). As a family, they love the outdoors – hiking, camping, and seeking out fun wildlife. Karen is an avid runner and ran her first full marathon at Disney World in 2019.
Along with being Office Manager, Karen is also the Children’s Director at BNC. She is thankful for this opportunity to disciple kids and support parents. She loves to see kids learn and grow and develop in their knowledge and relationship with Jesus!
- What do you do at Birdsboro Church of the Nazarene? Manage the Office things and Direct Children’s Ministries
- What is your favorite food? Chinese food (Though it is SO MUCH BETTER in Massachusetts!)
- What is your favorite TV show? The Office, 30 Rock, Parenthood, Gilmore Girls
- What was your first job? Babysitting
- What was your childhood ambition? Be a mom!
- For fun I enjoy: Running, hiking, reading
- Favorite Bible verse or passage? Whatever I am currently reading! Right now it is Acts. The way God worked through the early church is AMAZING!
- What is one of your favorite characteristics of Christ? He is the God who sees me (Genesis 16:13)