Children’s ministry is a foundational ministry in the life of our church. Investing and developing children with a quality program that supports the work of parents, provides the best opportunity for them to grow to become the men and women that God wants them to be. We care about our youngest attendees and want to equip them and their families to experience the blessings that come from a healthy growing relationship with God and others.
We think the church and home can work together to help provide training for children, therefore, our children’s program strives to provide an environment where children can learn and grow and come to understand Jesus’ example and apply three basic truths in their lives:
- Make the wise choice.
- Trust God, no matter what.
- Treat others the way I want to be treated.
If you don’t have a church for your weekly worship and study of God’s Word, we invite you to prayerfully consider our church for your place of worship, Sunday School, Bible study, and ministry involvement.
When you think about families naturally our minds go to moms, dads, grandparents, guardians, aunts, uncles, brothers, and sisters. And of course each of these individuals are very important. Here at BNC we care about families and the countless ways we can partner with them in all aspects of them. But our real desire is to introduce you and others to Jesus’ family.
You see, God adopted us in Jesus and he calls us all children of the Light. And Jesus told us to Love one another ( John 15). As we learn to love God and each other we become the family of God and are brothers and sisters in Christ. We are responsible for making sure no one walks their life journey alone. As a result we believe that Family Matters.
The family structure was designed by God who instructed us to build life from and around this important institution. The scripture is filled LUKE 8:21″My mother and Brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.” with instructions for families and examples of how to live. In understanding why God designed families, 3 purposes become clear:
1) To be a place to belong. The family is designed to provide security through various identity components. It is the place where we can be loved and share that love with the others. As a result, the family gives us the assurance that we need to make it through any trial that comes our way.
2) To be where needs are best met. No one knows you better than a family member. We live with each other and are the most real with family. It is with our family that we are really able to let our guard down because the family is always going to be there for you.
3) To be an environment where healthy growth takes place. It is the security and support that we gain in God’s design that enables us to safely grow physically, emotionally, and spiritually. This growth is made possible because grace, love, forgiveness, direction, and discipline are intricately woven together so that we can become the people God wants us to be.
It doesn’t take long to realize that these purposes are not universally experienced. In fact, God’s design for families has come under increasing attack. It is our desire and passion to partner with families by helping to connect them with God and His design for healthy families. We want to follow God’s biblical instruction for families and expose the hindrances and enemies that are destroying families. This means we are committed to addressing 6 basic needs that we believe families S.I.M.P.L.Y have:
Linking to the Needs of Local & Global Families
Children Sunday School: Nursery, Preschool—Kindergarten & Grades 1-4
Facilitators: See Bulletin for weekly leaders
Location: nursery (next to upstairs bathroom), children’s Dept. ( Main Floor)
When: Every Sunday Morning 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Children Church: Nursery/ & Preschool – 4th Grade
Facilitators: See Bulletin for weekly leaders Location: nursery (next to upstairs bathroom), children’s Dept. ( Main Floor)
When: During Sunday AM Worship (Kids will be dismissed after singing)